Sunday, March 9, 2008

Are You Really Sure You Want to See It?

I'm warning you, it's not pretty. It's sutures, and swelling and a black eye. Not to mention my eyebrows need to be plucked, and I look terrible.

If you still want to see, then go here.

I warned you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to see because with my skin, there's a good chance I'll have a similar experience in my future. And I have to say that while I can understand why you're upset, it isn't nearly as bad as I expected! And from the look of the sutures, it's going to be really hard to see once everything heals!

mikeyb said...

Had mohs yesterday on my chest, shoulder and left ear. God, I was not prepared for the holes left behind. Back and chest are ok, I'm not running around without my shirt anymore, right? Oh but my ear, my poor ear. I should have had plastics but I have Kaiser. When one has Kaiser, plastics are out of pocket unless the hole is in the middle of one's face, perhaps one's nose. Anyway, the nurse gave me a mirror to look at the damage to my ear, she seemed pleased with the fine work the surgeon had done. Horrified at the flap that had been my attached ear lobe, I stammered out in a thin voice "she's going to reattach it isn't she?" The nurse realized I was not so pleased with an ear detached from the ear canal south. She said she'd have the doc consult with me. The Doc realizing I was in shock simply came in and stitched everything together again. Whew. Now about the half inch divot behind my ear...